"I, Sarah from Rhinestones & Telephones, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-March '11. I endeavour to wear two handmade/thrifted/refashioned pieces of clothing or accessories each day for the duration of March 2011."
I've signed up for Me Made March 2011 and I'm both excited and nervous. Self-Stitched September was less than successful for me, but I think that was due to a lack of seasonally appropriate garments more than anything else.
Since starting my Building a Lifetime Wardrobe project, my sewing has become much more focused and I feel much more confident about being ready for this challenge.
Looking at my Fall/Winter wardrobe capsule, I have the following:
- Long sleeved red cardigan. I dyed a cream one that I never wore a rich scarlet. I can see this getting lots of wear, given my love of layering.
- Short sleeved purple shrug, made by my Knitting Queens.
- Long sleeved black cardigan. My Knitting Queens are making this for me from this pattern.
- My scissors skirt.
- Green twirl skirt.
- Swing style trousers from Heyday.
- Thrifted skinny jeans.
- Black cowl neck dress from Econica.
- Thrifted red wool coat ($10!!)
- Black and white stripe knit scarf
- White peasant top
- Black pencil skirt
- Shrugs and cardigans (handmade by my Knitting Queens)