I wanted to cook something special for my Mother's Day dinner. Below is what I came up with:
Ginger Pear Salmon
3-4 frozen salmon fillets
1 onion, sliced into rings
1 pear, sliced
3 cloves garlic, smashed
3 slices candied ginger, grated
Salt and pepper
1. Saute the onions and garlic in approximately 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter.
2. Add pepper and grated candied ginger. Continue to saute until onions caramelize.
3. Add the pear slices and saute until golden brown.
4. Place frozen salmon fillets on top of onion and pear mixture. Turn heat to medium-low and cover with foil.
5. Allow to gently steam until salmon is cooked through, approximately 4-7 minutes.
1 head of leaf lettuce (Boston, romaine, etc.)
1 ripe avocado
1/2 seedless cucumber
8-10 ripe strawberries
1/ 2 cup of roasted and salted cashews
1. Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces and thoroughly wash and dry. Place into large bowl.
2. Wash the strawberries and slice into quarters. Sprinkle over lettuce.
3. Slice avocado and cucumber into bite-sized pieces and add to salad.
4. Sprinkle cashews on top and gently toss.