Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lime Dot and Sorbettos


I love the Make This Look feature. I love how Mena takes contemporary garments and effortlessly matches it with just the right fabric and pattern and gives it a vintage twist. She's a clever girl, that Mena!

Every time she posts a new one, I inevitably catch my breath in awe, overcome with fiber fever, and then curse my fabric ban with much gnashing of teeth! However, the sewing angels have shone down upon me with this lovely lime number! Hallelujah! I have both fabrics and similar pattern in my stash!

I am making this smashing dress to sport to Oona's fabulous birthday smash-o-rama! Woot!

* * * * *


While you're peeking at Make This Look, take a moment and see the scrumptious Sorbettos Mena is whipping up all this week: 7 Days of Sorbetto! You can imagine how much I love this! I am going to be turning out several Sorbettos, too, as they are so versatile! I'm planning on using Mena's sleeve pattern and Colette Patterns' scalloped hem tutorial.

Your visit to The Sew Weekly isn't complete without a visit with Oona of Oonaballoona in her Oona Does It feature. Oona is a seriously fabulous, talented, and hilarious stitcher who abhors boring solids. Trust me, you'll love her!

3 comments:

oonaballoona said...

oh my sweet whiskey, i am blushing ALL SHADES OF POLKA DOTS!!!!

your party outfit is going to KILL... i'm working on mine right now and i may just throw some lime green in there myself!

Debi said...

Ohhhh! Fabulous! Can't wait to see it!!!

Meg the Grand said...

Oh, this will be so lovely!!! I cannot wait to see your final version!