Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sew Colette: Pastille Progress


Thank you for all of your lovely comments on my sleeve alteration post.  I feel much better about my version of Pastille now that I have changed the sleeves. I have made some great progress on my final version and I'm quite excited to see the end result.


Yesterday I worked on the bodice and was able to set in one sleeve. I even took the time to pipe the neckline and I will be making a bow belt out of the same fabric.  I am also using French Seams!

Sleeve Tip: Don't sew your side seams until after you have sew in the sleeve.  It's much easier to manoeuvre!


I really love the beautiful curved sleeves from the Macaron and I'm very glad I decided to alter my Pastille so I can include them.  Are you altering the Pastille pattern to suit your tastes or sewing it as is? 

* * * **

Have questions? Please feel free to post here, in Erin's blog, or in the sew-along Flickr group.
We're here to help!

11 comments:

Kestrel said...

The neckline piping really sets it off - it's shaping up very nicely!

poppykettle said...

The sleeves are totally gorgeous :) Looking good!

Stephanie Lynn said...

Love the cherries! :D

Rachel W. said...

Your Pastille is looking so good! Adding the sleeves gives this pattern tried-and-true potential. Hhhm.

I just finished my Pastille, and while I'm frustrated with parts of it (should have made a couple more muslins/used differen fabric, blah), I might just rally and whip out another. Shall not be defeated!

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

Oooh thanks for the sleeve tip! I never would have thought of that!

Meg the Grand said...

Your sleeves are stunning!! I LOVE the fabric you are using, and the piping looks fantastic - I'm so excited to see the finished version!

Rochelle New said...

Love it!!

Symon said...

oh!! I'm so jealous - your dress is coming along so well and I have sewist's block! lol ^_^ I love your pretty sleeves; can't wait to see the finished dress! :)

liza jane said...

The piped neckline is so nice! I'll have to file that one away for a future project. I've always loved that curved sleeve-- good idea to use it.

Tors said...

Oooh, love the piping! Can't wait to see the matching belt!

Sew Blessed Maw said...

I love the cherry fabric.. And the piping just sets it off. And love the sleeves too.[wish I would have bought that pattern, if nothing but for the sleeve pattern,ha]
Cant wait to see the finished product.. Happy sewing.