Thursday, May 10, 2012

TSC: Larita's Trousers & Linda's Tunic

I am really happy to finally be able to share these two items with you.   I actually finished them in March and they had their first outing to a community theatre production of Cabaret, where they proved very comfortable. First off, my inspiration for the tunic came from  a great lounging outfit worn by Linda Porter (Ashley Judd) in DeLovely:


Source: google.ca via Sarah on Pinterest


While I love the cut of the tunic, the pinstripe fabric isn't really my style.  However, I did have enough of Meg's fabulous floral fabric left over for a bright and rosey tunic - much more my speed!


Here I am attempting to look all cool and sophisticated, a la Linda.  I used my favourite Sorbetto for the tunic, drafting it into a longer length and cutting it on the bias.


Source: google.ca via Sarah on Pinterest



For the trousers, I used my TNT Butterick 4452 and a marvellous drapey linen from my stash.  The trousers have comfortable wide legs, just like Larita's. 


I feel I captured the spirit of both pieces and interpreted them in a way that works for my modern needs. 


7 comments:

Glistener said...

Loving the look, Sarah

Meg the Grand said...

I LOVE IT! I just love it all so much. The tunic is super lovely and very you, and the pants are spot on - well done, my friend!

Meg @ Mood Fabrics said...

Cute peplum! I tried to make a peplum top last weekend but it was an epic fail. My fault.

Sarah said...

@Glistener - Thank you!

@Meg - You are a darling - thank you!

@Meg @ Mood - I cheated! It's a loose cut tunic with a tie belt. It only looks like a peplum - hee hee!

Symon said...

Lovely! These are totally you!! Now for the pinstripe... you can make me one of those, cause it's totally me LOL

Symon said...

Lovely! These are totally you!! Now for the pinstripe... you can make me one of those, cause it's totally me LOL

Alessa said...

Oh yay for linen trousers! I've been wearing my single me-made pair quite a few times already, this spring! I also love the rose fabric tunic, so pretty and very you!