Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sew Dolly Clackett Prize Update

Holy ham sandwiches, Sew Dolly Clackett-ers! I've just had an email from lovely Roisin letting me know that Argos wants to be involved in Sew Dolly Clackett! Amazing, no?  Lovely Roisin has been instrumental in choosing the prize and I am delighted to announce that both a sewing machine and sewing kit are available to be won by one lucky winner!

Brother LS14 14 Manual Stitch Sewing Machine

I have a special place in my heart for Brother machines.  My very first sewing machine that I bought myself was a Brother and it was a little workhorse! It sewed through everything - including oilcloth and denim!  The Brother LS14 14 Manual Stitch Sewing Machine is a great entry-level machine with a variety of different stitches and a 4-step buttonholer.  If you're new to sewing or are looking for a reliable second machine, this one is for you.  Plus, it's very affordably priced.

Large Sewing Box with Accessories


Argos has taken this prize level up a notch by including this absolutely lovely large sewing box with a whole lot of accessories!  I love this kit!  Firstly, it's POLKA DOTS and you all know how I feel about those.  Secondly, it's chock full of sewing necessities such as a seam ripper, tape measure, hand sewing needles, and a super cute blue tomato pin cushion.  It has plenty of room to store all of your favourite sewing accessories.  I really love this kit and would love one for myself!

Argos has a quite a comprehensive sewing section with a variety of products, including this fantastic polka dot sewing machine carry bag which would be great for sewing bee get-togethers.  If I had sewing friends that lived close, I'd definitely pick this one up.  This pink sewing machine has also stolen my heart :)


I feel so very fortunate that Sew Dolly Clackett has been so enthusiastically embraced.  I cannot thank our wonderful sponsors enough for their generosity and I am delighted to include Argos in that category.

* * * * *

Get your Sew Dolly Clackett blog badge here.

Upload your completed Clackett-style dresses here.

Get some Dolly Clackett inspiration here and here.

Remember to use #sewdollyclackett when using social media.

9 comments:

Gillian said...

Wow, the prizes were great already, but damn! Who wouldn't like a second sewing machine?!

Sarah said...

I know, right! It''s terrific!

Amanda Russell said...

What the Dusenberg?? What an amazing prize!!
Well I need a new machine so I better make sure I get a dress made in time! It's end of April right? :)

Sarah said...

I know! It certainly adds to the competition, doesn't it? April 23rd is the last day to upload photos of your completed dress(es) .

Sarah said...

Woo hoo! Get your sew on! Enjoy your vacation :)

Debi_myhappysewingplace said...

That is super cool! Yay!!

ozzyblackbeard said...

Wowsers!! What a fantastic prize! I am about half way through my dress, and looking forward to seeing everybody else's. Lynne

Sarah said...

It is amazing!

Sarah said...

Woo hoo!