Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sew Dolly Clackett Sponsor Spotlight: By Hand London

The Booklover's Dress


Just over one year ago, By Hand London introduced their patterns into the online sewing community.  Since then, nothing less than an explosion can describe the far-reaching impact they have had.  The first By Hand London pattern I ever saw was the Anna Dress and I saw it, of course, on Dolly Clackett's blog.  I know you'll not be surprised when it was love at first sight.

Knowing that the BHL Ladies and Roisin have since become fast friends, I knew that they would be keen to come on board as a Sew Dolly Clackett sponsor.  Boy, was I right!  Their enthusiastic response to to the contest and their generous donation of not one, but TWO BHL patterns is fantastic!  I am absolutely delighted to have them on board.

BHL's popularity is well-deserved!  Their patterns are lovely and a delight to sew.  Each is packaged beautifully, with nary a Big-4 envelope in sight.  I especially love the mini-biography included with each pattern.  Being Canadian, Anna has really stolen my heart:




If you follow the BHL blog, you will know that they recently announced their very first fabric print: Eloise. Isn't she pretty?  I can easily picture this fabric as an Anna, Georgia, or Flora.  Couldn't you?

By Hand London's Eloise Cotton Poplin Fabric


Today, those ladies really kicked it up a notch announcing their new project to offer custom design and printing of your own fabric!! Gah!! Click here to watch their video and keep your eyes peeled for our guest of honour, Roisin, aka Dolly Clackett!  Check out that awesome animation sequence demonstrating the process, too.  I was mucho impressed!

I have always been a big supporter of small and independent businesses and I plan to contribute to their Kickstarter project as the long-term possibilities for this are endless.  I do hope the BHL ladies give Roisin a chance to design her own line - I know I would buy every print!

* * * * *

Get your Sew Dolly Clackett blog badge here.

Upload your completed Clackett-style dresses here.

Get some Dolly Clackett inspiration here and here.

Remember to use #sewdollyclackett when using social media.

No comments: