Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sew Dolly Clackett: My Dress


Like the other Sew Dolly Clackett sponsors, when I approached the lovely Christine Haynes, she was excited to get on board and was happy to offer an  Emery pattern to one lucky stitcher. I have been keen to try Emery for myself and, of course, it was Roisin's Blanche dress which prompted me to buy the pattern. 

In short, Emery is gorgeous!


My Emery dress is made from an awesome Timeless Treasures flamingo pattern that I bought specifically for Sew Dolly Clackett.  I cannot tell you how much I love these ridiculous flamingos!  Emery sewed up beautifully for me and required absolutely NO alterations!!!  As you can see from the photo above, the bust darts fit very well and I couldn't be happier!




I didn't use the skirt that came with the pattern but switched to a simple gathered dirndl instead.  I used my favourite Simplicity 2886 as pockets for the skirt.  I really don't like inseam pockets as I find they flap about too much and patch pockets only work with some designs.  Simplicity 2886 pockets have a discreet profile but are deep enough for my phone and lipstick.  A must for any vintage-loving girl, no?


The Emery dress is an amazing pattern and one that I highly recommend.  I am delighted that Christine wanted to be involved in Sew Dolly Clackett!  She is a lovely person; down-to-earth and very approachable.  I must admit to a fan girl moment when I saw her email response pop up in my inbox.  It really did give me a thrill to be chatting to her - I mean, it's CHRISTINE HAYNES!


* * * * *
Upload your completed Clackett-style dresses here.
Remember to use #sewdollyclackett when using social media.

29 comments:

Lara said...

I think I might have to invest in the Emery - and some of that fabric! You've sewn it up into a stunning dress!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! I highly recommend investing in Emery. It sews up so beautifully and it really an effortless make.

Marilla Walker said...

You've done a really nice job on this and the neckline and short sleeves really suit you. X

Sarah said...

Thank you!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

No alterations AND pockets!! Oh pitter patter, let's get at 'er! This dress is adorable! I'm so glad you masterminded this Dolly Clackett sewing party! I've yet to make my dress, but I'm having so much fun on flicker for the first time, and meeting so many lovely bloggers!

BusyLizzie said...

So adorable! I love flamingos and might have to drag out my flamingo fabric for the challenge too :)

Hanne said...

I love the flamingo fabric. I have one with smaller flamingos but this one looks so good that I might need that too...
You look stunning in this dress!

Roisin said...

Err whaaaa?! I love this, I need to get some of this fabric STAT. You look wonderful as always my sweet xxx

Sarah said...

LOL! I did turn a few heads wearing that yesterday. You can get the fabric here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/109216782/flamingo-print-pure-cotton-fabric-by?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=flamingo

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! My husband takes excellent photos :)

Sarah said...

Do it! Sew all the flamingos!!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! Yes, Emery is a fabulous pattern. I`m so glad to hear that you are having such fun with Sew Dolly Clackett :)

Lady Stitcher said...

Aaah, love these flamingos! Such a fabulous dress!

Sarah said...

Thank you! They are a really bright pink, which I love!

misscrayolacreepy said...

Your Emery is rad and Christine is rad. FACT!

Sarah said...

Christine ROCKS MY SOCKS! Truth! :)

Christine Haynes said...

I love it! So cute!!! Thanks for having me be part of this awesome event!

Christine Haynes said...

you're RAD lady! xoxo

Rosie Wednesday said...

I love the little button you put at the top of the zip! Nice touch!

Bristol Petty said...

Love this dress!! So darn cute.

~Bristol

Vanessa said...

That dress is gorgeous! Those flamingos those pockets. So great!

Alessa Farbenfreude said...

Aww, I love it! Great fabric, and I'm amazed at all the people you managed to get into the boat for the sew-along!

Sarah said...

Aw, Christine! Thank you! Of course I had to have you along in this crazy contest! Thank you for designing such an amazing pattern!

Sarah said...

Everyone was so enthusiastic about being involved :) I am happy, too!

Sarah said...

Thank you :)

Sarah said...

Thank you! I put a little button at the top of all my zips :)

Sarah said...

Thank you, doll! I adore that donut bracelet you were wearing earlier this week. What Etsy seller did you use? I want my own!

Bristol Petty said...

You're welcome! Thanks! I used

IncredInedible on Etsy :)

Sarah said...

I am off to shop! LOL! Thanks, Bristol!