Friday, April 18, 2014

Sew Dolly Clackett Sponsor Spotlight: Minerva Crafts


Like all Sew Dolly Clackett sponsors, Minerva Crafts was delighted to be involved.  In fact, Vicki has gifted Roisin with a £50 gift voucher! Lucky girl! I hope she shares what she bought!

Recently, I saw a gorgeous version of Butterick's Walkaway Dress on Pinterest and have been totally inspired to recreate it for myself.   There is something so cheerful and fun about this version and it definitely needs to be in my wardrobe. If I didn't already have the pattern in my stash, Minerva Crafts has it in stock.

(source)

Unfortunately, I only have a photo link to this gorgeous dress.  If it's yours, please let me know so that I may properly credit you!  It goes without saying that polka dots are one of my most favourite patterns, and the fabric used in this dress is quite spectacular! While I was not able to find an exact match, Minerva Crafts does have a lovely selection of alternates.  I especially like this mini check seersucker

Mini Check Yellow Seersucker

Luck was definitely with with me when I perused their selection of  printed bias bindings - it's deciding on what pattern to choose that will make your head spin! I was able to find what an exact match with this cherry print binding.  Isn't it lovely?  As there are close to 9 miles of bias binding in the Walkaway Dress, it's best
 that I love what I'm sewing, no?  LOL!

25mm wide cherry print cotton bias binding.  Also available in blue.

Now all I need to complete the dress are pretty red buttons and, again, Minerva Crafts does not disappoint.  Their button selection is HUGE but, thankfully, relatively easy to search.  You can refine your search by colour, shape, size, and brand.  There were a lot to tempt me; however, I would ultimately choose these deep red rectangular buttons.  I was seriously tempted by these handbag buttons, though!

Loose Dill Rectangular Carved Buttons

Minerva Crafts is an excellent resource for all crafters; sewers, knitters, and quilters.  They have a huge selection that will definitely leave you spoilt for choice and, perhaps, a little mind boggled at trying to decide what to get!  Don't forget to check out their Craft Club and receive exclusive discounts all year!


Near to Darwen, Lancashire?  They don't forget to attend the Minerva Crafts meet-up on June 14, 2014!  I see lots of familiar faces will be attending and how I wish I weren't an ocean away!

* * * * * 

There are now less than 5 days left in the Sew Dolly Clackett contest!  

You may upload your photo(s) to the Sew Dolly Clackett Flickr group with a link to your blog post until April 23, 2014 at 11:59 EST.

Good luck and happy sewing!

* * * * *
Get your Sew Dolly Clackett blog badge here.

Upload your completed Clackett-style dresses here.
 
Get some Dolly Clackett inspiration here and here.
 
Remember to use #sewdollyclackett when using social media.

No comments: