Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sew Dolly Clackett Sponsor Spotlight: Sewaholic Patterns

I am pleased to be able to chat about one of my favourite independent pattern companies: Sewaholic Patterns.  I have followed Tasia since she first started blogging and it has been a great pleasure to see her grow from success from success!

Tasia designs wonderful patterns, specifically for pear-shaped women, although they are easily modified for all body shapes.  The Renfrew pattern was responsible for my foray into knits and my first successful knit project.  I remember that I approached my first Renfrew with some trepidation, having had several wadder knit projects.  I needn't have worried as my Renfrew, and all subsequent projects, turned out beautifully!

The Renfrew Top by Sewaholic Patterns
Roisin has made some spectacular Sewaholic Frocks, the Cambie being a favourite.  Have you seen her beautiful versions?  Her gingham ones are a particular favourite of mine, with the Stephanie Cambie coming in as my top pick.  I just love the green gingham paired with the awesome striped shoes!

The Stephanie Cambie Dress
As Sew Dolly Clackett is all about sewing fantastic frocks, another Sewaholic favourite of mine is Scruffy Badger Time's beautiful blue Cambies.  I admit to falling head-over-heels with Winnie's frocks when she posted them and they are still on my mile-long To Sew List.

Winnie's beautiful blue roses Cambie
Another beautiful Sewaholic frock is the Londsdale and Roisin knocks this pattern out of the park.  My particular favourite is her pink polka dot version.  So pretty, no?

Pink Polka Dot Lonsdale with Roisin's gorgeous accessories
One of the many things I love about Sewaholic Patterns is their versatility and inherent femininity.  Tasia offers an entire library of patterns that can create an amazing personalized wardrobe that will rival any designer's RTW collections!  I am delighted to have Tasia on board as a Sew Dolly Clackett sponsor and envy the winner a pattern of their choice as their prize.  What pattern would you choose?

* * * * * 

There is now ONE day left in the Sew Dolly Clackett contest!  

You may upload your photo(s) to the Sew Dolly Clackett Flickr group with a link to your blog post until April 23, 2014 at 11:59 EST.

Good luck and happy sewing!

* * * * *
Get your Sew Dolly Clackett blog badge here.

Upload your completed Clackett-style dresses here.
 
Get some Dolly Clackett inspiration here and here.
 
Remember to use #sewdollyclackett when using social media.


No comments: