Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Gift of Friendship


Heh. I love that cute guy on the envelope.

I had a really good and productive day at work today.  I really enjoy my job and my boss is a treat to work with. He lets me get on with it and trusts met to get things done.  It's marvellous! When I got home today from work, there was a lovely package waiting for me from Roisin.  She had said that she wanted to send me a little something to thank me for Sew Dolly Clackett (totally not necessary) and, wow, she has a gift for understatement!



I knew that she had picked up the last two metres of this delectable Japanese lemon print cotton lawn and it is even prettier up close than it was on the website.  The fabric is butter soft and I have included my hand in the photo for scale.  These are some fabulously big lemons!  I was so touched that Roisin picked up this fabric for me as the vendor doesn't ship to Canada (boo!).  It's destined to become my version of Kate Spade's lemon dress.

Blogging really does make friends of people oceans away.


Not only did Roisin gift me with gorgeous fabric, she also included an amazing dress from her very own collection! It's an Emily and Fin dress with a fantastic boat print! It's no secret I covet Emily & Fin dresses, but my wallet has fits of apoplexy at the price; between the exchange and shipping costs, it can be pretty prohibitive.  So, to be gifted with a pretty, pretty dress from Emily & Fin is utterly amazing! It fits beautifully and the fabric is so soft and swishy.  It looks terrific with my favourite Mel shoes and has a tiny bit of pink it it.  Frankly, it makes my heart sing!

Roisin is really special and I'm so glad we're friends. 

In real life, I tend to be rather introverted, unless I trust the person.  I've ducked out of blogger meet-ups as I've been just too shy to attend.  Most of my real-life friends don't sew, so it has been a blessing to discover an entire community who shares my passion for creating, fashion, and general geeky fun. 


See my pretty, pretty new handbag?!
As if that wasn't enough decadence, Roisin sent me a Cath Kidston handbag!!! Holy cow, right?! The Field Rose print is one of my favourites and oilcloth remains one of my most favourite textiles. It is incredibly durable, but Cath and her team make sure to never sacrifice the pretty.

 It haz boats!!

Roisin also included a heartfelt note that brought tears to my eyes.

Roisin, thank you so very, very much for your very thoughtful gifts.  I am so happy that we are friends and I am beyond pleased that you loved Sew Dolly Clackett.  I wish you and lovely Nic all the best on your special day and into the future.

One day, I will come to Leamington Spa and we'll meet in person.  Until then, I'm happy that we'll remain blogging buddies :)

* * * * *

Remember to don your best Dolly Clackett frock and raise a glass to toast Roisin and Nic on May 23, 2014.


21 comments:

Rochelle New said...

Wow you're one lucky girl! Totally well deserved gifts for such a gracious lady friend :)

Sew Little Time said...

Aawww roisin is just lovely! Can't wait to see your lemon dress!

BusyLizzie said...

So sweet and totally deserved too! She is one fabulous chick that Roisin :)

Sian Singleton said...

Lovely and well deserved pressies :) thank you for organising Sew Dolly Clackett it was awesome fun.

Jenny at Sewing Pies said...

I can't wait to see your lemon Kate Spade dress! I am obsessed with it too, and am trying to find some lemon fabric to use.
I can totally relate to the joy of finding like-minded individuals in the online sewing community. I don't know anyone else who sews either and it was getting rather lonely until I discovered the sew-blogging world! :)

Jessica Hurst said...

Me three! Not a one of all people in my life sews, especially clothes. And to even suggest it, people are like WHATTTT! Yep, most think I've lost my marbles... not to say I haven't, but the online sewing community is beyond awesome. Understanding is priceless. :)
You are so cute in your new boat dress! and Roisin is so thoughtful to recognize your awesomeness in this busy time in her life.

Roisin said...

I'm so happy that your parcel arrived and utterly thrilled that you like the gifts! They're but a drop in the ocean of my appreciation of your kindness and friendship. You're totally awesome.

Sarah said...

Aww! You are totally awesome, too!!

Manju said...

Awww just lovely! Sewmanju.wordpress.com

Sarah said...

I plan on wearing it tomorrow!

misscrayolacreepy said...

Nice!!! That bag is so cute!!

Sarah said...

Thanks! Feeling super lucky :)

Amanda Russell said...

What lovely, thoughtful gifts, and I TOTALLY ADORE your facial expression in the last one - it makes me want to hug you! :) I agree - meeting people through sewing blogging has been really great for me too, and I think it's so magical that something like that can bring together so many people from all over the globe :)

Wendy said...

what wonderful gifts and all totally deserved for all the hard work you put in! I must confess I am quite a shy person in the real world and have been to timid to go to meet ups myself, but the online sewing community is such a warm hearted place, its lovely to have somewhere to retreat to after a hard day!

Sarah said...

Kindred spirits!

Laura N said...

This whole story is just SO SWEET! I bask in the glow of your lovely friendship :D xxx

Sarah said...

Aw, thank you!

Ashley said...

Wow, what a wonderful and thoughtful gift! I love all the friends I've made due to blogging. It's definitely a unique bond :)

Laura Tinker said...

gorgeous dress, it really suits you! Its lovely to have blogger friends, and they arent just restricted to location either, which i love!

Sarah said...

I agree!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I totally agree!