Monday, June 23, 2014

More Pants of Perfection


Ha! I was finally able to get my Navy Pants of Perfection photographed! I have borrowed a large selection of Phryne Fisher books from the library and reading is a guaranteed way to get me to sit still - or stand still, in this case.

As with my pink pants, I used Vogue 2128 and they took two episodes of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries to make.  A quick sew, in my  opinion.  The fabric is a lovely linen/rayon blend from Fabric.com and, like my pink pants, it drapes beautifully.  They are also blissfully cool in the 24C weather we have been having.  If summer could stay at these temperatures, I would be delighted indeed!


This is a typical casual look for me.  I paired the Pants of Wonder with one of my favourite thrifted tees and added the rose at my hip for a bit of pizazz.  I've noticed whilst researching 1920's fashion that hip detailing was a design feature for both dresses and separates alike.   


The rose also doubles as a hair flower - I just clipped it to to the waistband.  I hope to have several versions of these gorgeous trousers by summer's end!

Next on the sewing agenda is a 1920's version of the Staple Dress.  Temperatures are threatening to soar this week and I'll need some cool, Miss Fisher-esque dresses to ride the heat wave.  Besides, I would never give up dresses completely and both the Washi Dress, as well as the Staple Dress, are high on my sewing list.

19 comments:

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Clever!! I love the pants, and the flower detail is so cute. And the book placement....brilliant!

Leigh said...

Cute pants! The audiobooks of this series are well done. They're my favorites for listening while doing chores or cutting out fabric.

Did you ever consider colette juniper as Phryne pants? I've thought about some in black linen. I have the pattern, but I haven't seen them blogged about much.

Sarah said...

Thank you, Jessica! What a lovely comment :)

Sarah said...

LOL! I was having a bad hair day - hence the book placement!

Sarah said...

Oooh, Phryne audiobooks? What a great idea! The Colette Junipers are lovely, but I don't like fly front pants. More than likely I would use this pattern, plus darts and a waistband, to make more Phryne pants.

Inder said...

The soft loose 20s silhouette is PERFECT for hot weather, right? (Wait, it be perfect for cold weather too, thinking of the lovely comfortable layers and snug hats here; maybe it's just the perfect everything.) I love these pants! Perfect with the striped top. I can see why you'd want a few more pairs.

I've never read the books, sounds like fun!

Sarah said...

Thank you! Linen is fast becoming a favourite textile!

Fashionista said...

Hello Sarah. So glad you love Miss Fisher, I do love it when our home grown TV finds an appreciative audience overseas as I know that some of our Australian quirks are, well, shall we say, just quirky. Last year Miss Fisher's costumes were part of an exhibition at a National Trust property. In the flesh they are TO DIE FOR. You could get up really close and see the detail that is in them. And the hats, oh the hats!


I look forward to seeing more of your Phyrne wardrobe.

Meg the Grand said...

LOVE your new pairs of pants! Pairing these with the striped tee and flower was a fabulous fashionista choice :) Well done, darling Rhinestone!

merche said...

Lovely pair of trousers! And you have combined them perfectly with your striped t-shirt and flower. Pretty!

Sarah said...

Thank you so much!

Sarah said...

Aw, thank you so much, Megtastic! x

Sarah said...

Oh, heavens!! How I would have LOVED to see Phryne's costumes up close! I'm using a lot of modern patterns with my own twist to create my Phryne wardrobe. So far, sew happy! LOL!

Ashley said...

I love how you added the flower to the waistband. Super cute and unexpected!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I wanted to jazz up a plain outfit :)

Laura N said...

Genius use of the rose clip! The Washi Dress is on my list too, it's all about casual easy-to-wear garments for me. The pretty dresses just never get worn! x

Sarah said...

Thank you! I can highly recommend both the Washi Dress and the Staple Dress. Sewing excellence!

Amanda Russell said...

I love how you fearlessly forged ahead and are making MULTIPLE pants!! And they are pretty darn fabulous! Pants are SO weird, they are definitely posing me a new challenge in my sewing world! LOL

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! I decided just to believe that I could sew these and sew these well. It really helped! Pants are WEIRD!