Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Perri Pullover in Navy


Ham sandwiches, I love this outfit!! I am well known for sewing multiples, in fact, I have a personal uniform peopled with favourite silhouettes and colours.  This year, I want to take the time to sew comfortable and attractive lounge wear.  I love to relax as much as the next person but yoga pants and sweatshirts aren't my thing. I want to make things that are easy to wear as well as appropriate for running errands and the like.

These Hudson pants definitely fit the bill.  This is actually a wearable muslin but there are few changes I would make to future pairs.  I used leftover floral ponte knit and jersey from other projects and I'm quite delighted with the outcome.



The pattern is a PDF, which is something I normally shy away from, but this one quick and easy to put together.  The instructions are concise and I found them easy to visualize in my head.  I'm a visual learner, so being able to see garment construction step-by-step is really essential for me.  The pants have a 33" inseam and, even though mine is less than that, I left I didn't make any adjustments as I wanted to see how slouchy the legs would look.  Turns out, I like this length a lot.  I also love the skinny leg, which I think elevates these far and above your standard sweatpants.


I have another pair planned with the same print but in a pink colourway, accented with pink velour.  I would also love to make a pair in organic sweatshirt knit.  Ponte knit is easy to work with and warm; however, as it is 100% polyester, it definitely will outlive its usefulness in warmer weather.


This navy velour top is my third Perri Pullover and I love it as much as I do the first.  It is sinfully comfortable to wear and I love the feminine silhouette.  With skinny pants or sparkly leggings, I would definitely wear this to work.  Paired with my Hudson pants, it is perfect for lounging and a welcome addition to my wardrobe.

* * * * *

Top: Perri Pullover | Cotton stretch velour
Pants: Hudson Pants | Floral ponte de roma
Beret: Knit by me | Wool of the Andes Worsted in Cloud

No comments: