Sunday, March 1, 2015

Perri Pullover in Pink, Of Course


I am not a t-shirt, yoga pants, or hoodie kind of girl.  I like to relax as much as the next person but I still want to feel put together.  For the past several weeks, I've been perusing Pinterest for potential patterns (say that three times fast!).  I knew I wanted something unique, so I avoided the Big 4 altogether.

In the sweatshirt category, I knew I wanted something relaxed and feminine.  I stumbled across a pin for the Perri Pullover and was intrigued.  I did an Internet search for finished versions and was definitely smitten.


For a PDF pattern, this one was not onerous.  It has minimal pages and is printed with a grid in the background so it's really easy to make sure everything is square when you're assembling it.  I sewed a size small with 5/8" seam allowance instead of the suggested 1/2" as I wanted a slightly more fitted look.


I used a 100% cotton stretch velour in a glorious hot pink.  I adore this colour; it always makes me feel bright and happy when I wear it.  The only thing I should mention is that when I took the photos, it was full of static so it stuck to Mrs. Singer.  It hangs nicely on me when I wear it.


There are minimal pieces to cut out and many are cut on the fold. It sews together quickly and easily and I didn't really need to refer to the (rather good) instructions.    The sleeves, as you can see, are short.  I'd say they land between elbow and 3/4 length, which is perfect for my needs.


The pullover has a high-low hem and this is the first of such garment in my wardrobe.  I normally detest high-low hems as it really irritates my sense of symmetry, but this one really works.  My bum is nice and warm in the back and the shorter front keeps it from looking like an over sized toddler dress.

All in all, I am delighted with this pattern.  I'm really happy I bought it and plan on making at least 2 more versions of this.  One will definitely be in an embossed ponte-type knit that I saw at my local fabric store.  I like how it fits and how I look when I wear it.

* * * * *


Pullover:  Perri Pullover | Pink cotton stretch velour (similar)
Top:  Renfrew Top | Riley Blake Cotton Jersey Knit Small Dots Navy
Pants: RTW

No comments: