Friday, March 20, 2015

Pink Floral Hudson Pants


Pair #2 of Hudsons are on the blog today and I'm just as madly in love with them as I am with the first.  Can I have a minute to wax poetical about these pants?  First, the pattern is so fabulously drafted it practically sews itself.  Secondly, the small embellishments at the pocket and waistband take these pants from utilitarian to special, and lastly, the fit.  I mean, have you every felt fantastic in a pair of sweatpants before?!



I used leftover pink velour from my first Perri Pullover for the waistband and pocket on this pair.  I am so proud of the waistband - it turned perfectly! It was a bit tricky to put 2 layers of ponte de roma and 2 layers of velour under my serger when I was working on the pockets, but it worked out well in the end.  Again, I left the inseam as is as I rather like a bit of slouch in these pants.


I used the same ponte de roma knit as my first pair but in the pink colourway, which is sadly out of stock.  I really enjoyed sewing with this fabric; it behaves well and runs through the machine easily. I had 3 yards of both the blue and pink colourways and managed to make a Coco top out of each, as well as the pants.

* * * * *

Top: Sewaholic Renfrew | Charcoal jersey
Pants: Hudson Pants | Ponte de Roma Knit

No comments: