Saturday, September 12, 2015

Plans for FESA 2015


Hooray! Today marks the first day of #FESA2015!  I have been itching to sew some new cool weather staples and I've had a hard time not touching this particular project pile until the official start date. I won't be creating from every category but will focus on key pieces that I need.

Fashionable Foundations for Frosty Weather
I love pink!  It plays a huge part in my wardrobe and is such a mood booster for me.  One thing I don't have is a pink circle skirt for cool weather.  I want to make one from blush pink jersey and add pockets because who doesn't love pockets?




I was all set to make a cool weather pair of Vogue 2128 when Colette Patterns' Seamwork magazine hit it out of the park (again)!  May I present Moji?  These may seriously be the answer to my look-nice-for-work-but-still-feel-comfortable pants dilemma.



I have some nice dark blue denim set aside for these.  If all goes well, and I'm sure it will, I would like to make a second pair in charcoal twill.  Perfection!


Chic Chemises for Cool Climates
I love ballerina style, especially their off stage look with comfortable separates in pretty colours. One of the staples in a ballerina's wardrobe is the wrap sweater.  I want to make both a blush pink and ivory version using vintage Simplicity 6020, omitting the collar.



I have several nice Dolores and Renfew tops that I made last fall so I haven't planned on making any additional tops for FESA.  One of the really great things about sewing within a colour palette is that everything goes with absolutely everything else!

Fabulous Frocks
There are two dresses that I want to sew for FESA.  The first one is a lovely version of the Lola dress that I saw on This Blog is Not for You.  I had liked the Lola dress but had never been moved to sew my own until this version.  The deep navy is one of my favourite colours and the fabric choice makes it dressy enough for work.  I've chosen snuggly sweatshirt fleece for my version.


The second dress I would like to make will be inspired by this J. Crew silk chiffon dress.  Silk chiffon is gorgeous to wear but I would end up bald if I tried to sew with it! In an effort to keep both my hair and my sanity, I am going to use a very pretty dove grey poly knit I found at Fabricland.  Normally, I would stick quite close to my inspiration and use New Look 6301, View B; however, I have had problems getting the bodice fit right and will be using Colette Moneta instead. 




So, that's my plan.  Nice and simple pieces that I will wear again and again in the upcoming cold months.


What are you planning to make? 
Please link to your blog post (if you can) as I'd love to read your plans.

No comments: