Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wardrobe Architect


If Christine Haynes had not done her Wardrobe Architect (WA) series this year, I don't think I would have come back to blogging. The challenges started when I turned 40 three years ago and my body changed.  My figure changed and I felt as though I were a stranger in my own body ; weight distributed itself differently adding both curves I like and curves that I don't.  It was feeling tricky to find outfits that felt good.



Christine's unstintingly honest posts as she worked through the WA steps were exactly what I needed. I found myself eagerly awaiting the next installment.  I admired her almost clinical approach to distilling her style; it made sense to me.  After a while, I looked at myself with kinder eyes.  I felt my confidence in my abilities as a maker returning, little by little.

I even (finally) solidified my own style: Phryne Fisher meets SylieVartan meets crazy art teacher! 


I read about the Spoon Theory and re-evaluated what was truly deserving of my finite reserves of energy. I thought about social media and which ones were important.  I thought about blogging and how I wanted to approach it so it would fuel and not drain.  I wanted a personal place, a positive place, and a creative place.


Pushing the reset button has never felt so good.

No comments: